Quality Policy, Environmental Policy and Occupation Health and Safety Policy
The SUJCHBO is a public research institution which principal activity is research and development aimed at the identification and quantification of radioactive, chemical and biological agents, the evaluation of their effects on persons and the environment, including the evaluation and development of individual and collective protective equipment against such agents. The Institute is also engaged in safety and security related research.
The secondary activity is the activity provided in the public interest consisting especially in the preparation of expert basic documents for the decision-making and fulfilment of the tasks by the central bodies of state administration or other organisational units of the state or the bodies of territorial self-governing units in the fields of interest of the SUJCHBO - preferentially for the Institute’s founder, i.e. the State Office for Nuclear Safety.
Besides, the SUJCHBO organises educational and training activities for the above mentioned and other bodies.
Related to the above listed activities are other activities (see Section 21 of Act No. 341/2005 Coll. on Public Research Institutions) consisting especially in the performance of both the accredited and the non-accredited tests and certified tests, consultancy and training according to the requirements of the customers – both the legal and the natural entities.
The Integrated Management System based on the standards ČSN EN ISO 9001:2000, ČSN EN ISO 14001:2005 and ČSN OHSAS 18001:2007 is an important element ensuring a proper function of all the SUJCHBO’s systems. It is also a motivation to continuous improvement of the quality of the provided services with an active approach to the protection of both, the human and work environments. Together with the continuous meeting of legislative and other requirements, it contributes to the efficient utilisation of resources.
The Integrated Management System based on the aforementioned standards is a strategic goal of the SUJCHBO to make the results from all its activities/processes more effective with sustained performance of occupational health and safety regulations and minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
Our organisation undertakes:
- To observe all effective generally binding legal regulations and internal documents in any of its activities within the whole organisation;
- To observe the requirements set down by the environmental legislation and to strive for the constant improvement of the organisation’s environmental profile and to put the accent especially on the contamination prevention. To prefer preventive approaches in all its activities;
- To evaluate the nature and extent of the impacts of its activities and products on the environment and safety at work, to take relevant improvement measures on the basis thereof;
- To reduce the requirements for the sources consumption (material, power) to the extent possible;
- To minimise the adverse effects of the Institute’s activities on the environment;
- To take into account the protection of the environment and the safety and health at work of the Institute’s staff in the decision-making on the investment plans;
- To satisfy, to the maximum extent possible, all requirements of our customers in the field of the services provided within secondary and other activities;
- To support constantly and to guide all the employees to build their responsibility for their own safety, the protection of health of other persons and the protection of the Institute’s property;
- To prevent occurrences of accidents (injuries) and/or occupational diseases with active approaches of all employees;
- To strive for the constant improvement of the Integrated Management System in all the fields of the Institute’s activities supporting the fulfilment of the goals of the SUJCHBO.
MUDr. Stanislav Brádka, Ph.D.
ředitel SÚJCHBO, v.v.i.
V Kamenné dne 7.3.2013